NewsLocal News / August 29, 2014

Search Resumes For Missing Indianapolis Baby

Associated Press
Search Resumes For Missing Indianapolis Baby

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Police resumed the search in Indianapolis for a missing 6-week-old boy as the second day after his disappearance dawned.

City police Sgt. Kendale Adams says officers were using search dogs on Friday to check out a wooded area about a block from the near-downtown neighborhood where 23-year-old Willie Wilson told police his son Delano Wilson had been taken. Wilson says the baby was snatched about noon Wednesday by a man and woman who knocked him out in an alley.

Adams says police have gridded off the area and are searching on foot with assistance from police recruits who have been drafted for the search. Divers also searched the nearby White River on Thursday, and the FBI has offered its assistance.

An Amber Alert for the child was issued Wednesday night.

 

 

Related News

Parents Of Hoosier Guardsman Who Killed Self To Discuss Law
UPDATE: Courthouse Nativity Scene Can Stay in Franklin County
New Data Shows Neighborhood Investment Works