The Communications Intern reports to the Vice President of Communications, or her designee throughout the semester.
In 12+ hours a week, you will gain hands-on experience. You will have the opportunity to assist with projects in the communications department, such as promotion tables at various events, recording and reporting information, and assisting with events.
This experience will allow you to have direct interaction with WFYI staff and give you opportunities to network in the Communications field. And, please note that this position will require some evening and weekend assistance as most special events fall within this time frame.
Title & Type
Communications Intern - Unpaid Internship (12+ hours per week, TBD)
Reports to the Communication Projects Manager
During your internship, you will assist with the following projects in the communications department:
WFYI Communications Department
- Correspond with businesses and organizations working with WFYI
- Provide assistance for events and station promotional opportunities
- Develop department reports and catalogs of materials
- Development of station archive materials and prepare items for storage
- Arrangeresources and materials
- Compile monthly report information
- Data Entry
- Special tasks
- Organized, excellent interpersonal skills and works well in a team environment.
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- PC computer environments experience
- Bonus Skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, image capture and anything else you can bring to the table.
How to Apply
Send résumé and cover letter to:
Kristy Fozzard - Kfozzard@wfyi.org
1630 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
FAX: (317) 283-6645