Director, Engineering Operations
The Director of Engineering Operations is responsible to ensure that all Engineering function areas work properly and Engineering staff’s Performance leads to achieve the department’s goals and philosophy. This position is directly responsible for the Assistant Chief Radio Engineer and TV Maintenance Engineer positions and reports directly to the Vice President, Engineering.
- Must be able to perform TV Master Control duties if called upon for support or relief.
- Responsible for effective engineering functions pertaining to TV and Radio engineering positions, which includes training, assignment of work and evaluation of work assigned. Also directly responsible for appropriate engineering tasks and Transmitter functions.
- Interface with TV Production and Operations teams to implement technical solutions to meet TV Production initiatives.
- Perform and/or oversee system level troubleshooting of technical facilities, including, not limited to Production and Post Control rooms, Studio equipment, Audio equipment, and Computer systems associated with those areas.
- Perform and/or oversee preventative maintenance on Core Distribution, Transmission, TV Production Studio and Control Room equipment.
- Perform and/or oversee equipment and systems software installation and updates.
- Support administrative and management tasks.
- Coordinate with internal and external clients.
- Responsible for transmitter operations and maintenance.
- Participation in continuing education courses. As courses are made available to staff, attendance for leadership and technical training is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: EET Associates degree required. EET BS degree preferred.
- Position requires good interpersonal skills, a level headed individual who works well under pressure, possesses good leadership skills.
- Previous job experience, 3 to 5 years in a television broadcast environment, at a similar posting level needed.
- Knowledge of TV and radio transmitter operations.
- Have knowledge in computer networking, IP interfacing, and Microsoft platforms.
- Have an understanding of digital TV (HD/SDI) as well as core technical/plant facilities.
- Be proficient in software driven broadcast video equipment.
- Have the ability to read and understand system signal flow diagrams for television control rooms and studio facilities.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and list of references firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 7, 2016.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS