IRIS Radio Operator
This position is an operations and support position for WFYI’s IRIS (Indiana Reading and Information Service), an audio broadcast and streaming service for the blind and visually impaired. The operators assist volunteers with live and taped recording sessions and help schedule the playback of the service via an automation system.
This is primarily a shifted workweek that includes weekends and occasional holidays as required.
Specifically Responsible For
- Schedule booth times for volunteers
- Monitor audio for live broadcasts
- Occasionally record programs
- Occasionally read for live broadcast
- Input broadcast schedule
- Upload programs from internet
- Some administrative duties
- Train new volunteers
- Good communication skills an asset
- Work with audio equipment
- Troubleshoot minor equipment glitches
- Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Able to complete tasks without supervision
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience with volunteers and/or broadcasting preferred.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume and minimum salary requirements
electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until it is filled.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS