The Special Events & Marketing Intern will assist the Sponsorship Coordinator with promotion, logistics, on-site assistance, follow-up and general activities related to special events and sales and marketing for WFYI. Depending on the time of the year when the intern starts, the work centers around time-specific projects and events. It's mostly around our four signature events. Please note, this position requires some evening and weekend assistance as most special events fall within this time frame.
Title & Type
Marketing Intern - Unpaid Internship (12+ hours per week, TBD)
Reports to the Sponsorship Coordinator
During your internship, you will assist with the following projects in Underwriting:
- Assist with coordination of logistics, promotion, communication, on-site management and follow up for WFYI station events.
- Coordinate logistics for Information tables, including on-site staffing and pre-event preparation, at events where WFYI is a partner.
WFYI Underwriting Department
- Opportunityto work with the Underwriting Department on sales and marketing initiatives
- Assist Account Executives with various steps in the sales process.
- Assist with marketing initiatives, including sponsorship packages, one sheets and other marketing materials.
Day to Day Activities & Administrative Duties
- Preparation of on-site materials for special events
- Organize resources and materials
- Data entry
- Opportunitymay be available to shadow and assist with various jobs at WFYI, including radio and TV production, sales calls, events, membership drives and volunteer department
- Other duties as needed
- Flexibility is a must!
- Candidate must be organized, prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines. Must take initiative to work independently or on a team to complete projects. Must have excellent communication skills and work well in a team environment.
Preferred Skills: Major in Non-profit Management, Hospitality, Event Planning, Sales, Marketing or Communications. Special interest in NPR & PBS or working for a non-profit organization. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is a must, and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
How to Apply
Send résumé and cover letter by October 21, to:
Kristy Fozzard - Kfozzard@wfyi.org
1630 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
FAX: (317) 283-6645