Multi-Platform News/Public Affairs Content Manager
This position is responsible for the creation of policies, practices and the placement of public
affairs content on WFYI’s multiple content platforms from internal departments and external content providers. Those platforms include wfyi.org (and other future mobile platforms), radio and television. This position will also generate ideas and produce original content for those platforms.
Title & Type
Multi-Platform News/Public Affairs Content Manager - Reports to VP of Interactive Media and Content Strategy. Regular full time position. Salary commensurate with experience.
• Manage the flow of news and public affairs content from internal WFYI
departments onto wfyi.org, FM 90.1 and channel 20.
• Manage the flow of content from external sources onto wfyi.org from
national organizations including NPR, PBS, and AP.
• Manage the flow of news and public affairs content from local WFYI
• Develop strong working relationships with relevant WFYI editorial staff
and actively participate in creating online elements for special features
• Assist in oversight of user generated content and communities,
including blogs, comments and other opportunities for WFYI visitors to
share their views about the topics we cover.
• Design and produce multimedia feature coverage, taking projects from
conceptualization to research and development, through preproduction,
production, post-production, delivery, evaluation and final
• Provide suggestions for home page treatment of material and assist in
planning and producing special coverage and live events.
• Work with internal staff to improve the organization’s skills for creating
• Conduct Web/Mobile audience research, identify and track key metrics
such as traditional pageviews, social media engagement and streaming
media to help evaluate the traffic growth and usage of WFYI.org.
1. Must have a college degree.
2. Must have extensive Journalism or news background.
3. Knowledge of public media preferred.
4. Demonstrated excellence in best practices for writing for the web, editing,
copy-editing and headline-writing.
5. Good user interface/experience sensibility; able to communicate
design/feature ideas to a Web designer or Web developer.
6. Must have excellent communication skills, and a customer service
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Human Resources, WFYI Public Media, 1630 Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN 46202-1429, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE, NO CALLS OR WALK-INS