On-air Development Manager
Responsible for managing all aspects of at least four (two-week) television and two (two-week) radio on-air pledge drives, including technical production, writing scripts, coaching talent, handling gift selection and reporting to management.
Title & Type
The Manager, On-air Development reports to the Development Director. This is a regular full-time position that the salary will commensurate with experience.
- Planning, execution and follow-up for all on-air fundraising activities, including program selection.
- Selection and matching of premiums to support on-air messaging.
- Researching best practices and trends for on-air development among public broadcasting stations nationwide.
- Recruitment, training, scheduling and acknowledgement of on-air talent (staff and volunteers).
- Management and usage of all on-air development elements including, but not limited to graphics, video, scripts, testimonials, roll-ins, video projects and studio set.
- Initiate recording requests of pledge-related programs and monitor pledge program usage to comply with rights and releases.
- Work cooperatively with the entire development team and underwriting sales staff to maximize overall revenue generation for WFYI.
- Help develop and monitor annual and individual drive budgets (revenue and expenses).
- Prepare and distribute on-air fundraising reports and statistics.
- Provide positive leadership among the development department, including participation in events, meetings and training opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Demonstrated experience in broadcasting, communications or nonprofit fundraising required. Excellent project management, leadership, writing, organizational, and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and general database applications. Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines. Knowledge of public broadcasting and/or broadcast editing process preferred.
Weekdays. Evenings and weekends required during on-air pledge drives and special events.
How to Apply
Send cover letter, including salary requirement, and resume to HR@wfyi.org or Human Resources, WFYI, 1630 N. Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46202 on or before November 15, 2014. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
PLEASE, NO CALLS OR WALK-INS