CORPORATE SUPPORT - MEDIA SPONSORSHIP
WFYI's Media Sponsorship program strives to provide a voice for diverse, thought-provoking ideas, people and experiences within our community. By providing in-kind media sponsorship to local non-profit organizations and events, WFYI exposes our audience to a variety of cultural, artistic and community experiences throughout Central Indiana that educate and entertain while increasing participation in our community.
WFYI Media Sponsorship awards are based on the following:
- A minimum accompanying paid schedule of $800 is required for organizations that maintain a box office and charge admission for their events.
- Non-profit status of applying organization
- Event alignment with WFYI's mission and service to the WFYI audience
- Events should be relative to the Central Indiana Region
- Priority will be given to events or programs that target a diverse population or address a community need.
- Priority will be given to events that are free and open to the public.
- Events or programs related to candidates for office or political organizations can not be fulfilled.
- Priority will be given to events or programs that include reciprocal benefits for WFYI.
- Media sponsorships are not affiliated with news and/or cultural coverage.
WFYI Media Sponsorship Scheduling Information:
- Media sponsorships will be scheduled as ROS (Run of Schedule, Mon.- Sun. 5 a.m. - Midnight), meaning on-air announcements will be guaranteed but rotated throughout our available spots.
- Media sponsorship announcements will be aired two weeks prior to the event unless an alternative schedule is arranged.
- Multiple media sponsorships within an organization should be spaced more than a month apart and the number of sponsorships per organization, per year is usually limited to four.
- A limited number of media sponsorships will be scheduled during WFYI on-air membership campaigns (two weeks in the Spring and two weeks in the Fall).
- Media sponsorship announcements will be written in a neutral language that does not endorse, promote or include a call to action, but rather, shares information and details of the event or program.
- Spots must adhere to FCC guidelines and not mention fundraising.
- WFYI can not accept pre-recorded spots.
- WFYI can not include other sponsor information in promotional announcements unless the sponsor’s name is included in the name of the event (i.e. The XYZ Bank Annual Dinner). Only the non-profit organization and event information can be mentioned.
- The organization may also wish to promote the event or program beyond the media sponsorship. In those cases WFYI can offer an underwriting agreement for paid spots.
WFYI Media Sponsorship Submission Guidelines:
- You will need to fill out your application at one time, as you will not be able to save your incomplete application and come back to it later. Please review all guidelines and questions before beginning your application online.
- Please send your request at least two months prior to your event.
- Sponsorship requests will be reviewed and we will contact you within one week of receiving your request.
- If you have any questions, please contact Niki Staggs at (317) 614-0468 for clarification.
Click here to fill out the Media Sponsorship Request Form.