Business and Economics Reporter
Expected Close Date of 9/25/2020
WFYI is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and is now accepting applications for:
Job Title: Business and Economics Reporter
Classification: Full-time, Exempt, Temporary (18-month grant-funded position)
Salary: Commensurate with experience, including WFYI benefits package
Reporting Relationship: This position reports directly to the WFYI News Director; Sarah Neal-Estes
This is an investigative multimedia journalist with top-notch audio storytelling skills. They will uncover business and economy stories others are missing – especially equity stories – and produce them in ways that allow people to care about and understand economic trends in Indianapolis and statewide. They will work closely with our local reporters and state and regional collaborations. They are expected to discover nationally interesting stories and file for NPR.
- Report and produce investigations, enterprise, interactive package and spot news – for broadcast and web.
- Mine data to uncover trends that are unreported or underreported.
- Use community engagement tools to find story ideas and share reporting with new and existing audiences.
- Use high-level broadcast and digital storytelling techniques to engage people with economic news and feature people doing the work and/or experiencing the impact.
- A demonstrated grasp of tools and techniques for the visual presentation of data online.
- Experience in narrative broadcast style.
- Significant investigative experience is preferable.
- An analytical mind.
- A sense of humor.
- Excellent writing chops.
- Proven ability to translate complicated concepts for an audience. Significant experience covering economics is preferable.
- Experience working on deadline independently and collaboratively.
How to Apply:
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS