The Development Intern will assist with fundraising activities for WFYI. Interns will assist with the following projects in Development, including Individual Giving (membership, major gifts), Corporate Support (underwriting), and Special Events.
Please note, this position requires some evening and weekend assistance as most special events fall within this time frame.
Title & Type
Development Intern - Unpaid Internship (15+ hours per week, TBD)
WFYI Individual Giving (Membership) Department
- Assist staff in engaging employees of key companies
- Work with Membership and Major Gifts on direct mail campaigns, thank you gift fulfillment, web site development, and social media projects.
- Conduct prospect research for Major Gifts program.
- Participate in Radio and Television on-air membership campaigns.
- Complete, from start to finish, a fundraising project.
WFYI Corporate Support (Underwriting) Department
- Work with the Underwriting Department on sales and marketing initiatives.
- Assist Account Executives with various steps in the sales process including development of the WYFI media kit, newsletters, sponsorship packages and other marketing materials.
WFYI Special Events
- Assist with coordination of logistics, promotion, collateral, and communication for development events.
- Represent WFYI at information tables at events where WFYI is a partner.
Day to Day Activities & Administrative Duties
- Organize resources and materials for direct mail
- Filing and data entry
- Customer service
- Other duties as needed
Required: Candidate must be organized, able to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines, take initiative to work independently as well as on a team to complete projects, and have excellent communication and computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
Preferred: Applicants majoring in Marketing, Non-Profit Management, Communications, or Hospitality. Familiarity with NPR & PBS or experience working for a non-profit organization a plus. Applicants skilled in InDesign desired.
How to Apply
Send résumé and cover letter to:
Kristy Fozzard - Kfozzard@wfyi.org