The Development Intern will assist with fundraising activities for WFYI. Interns will assist with the following areas in Development, including Individual Giving (membership, major gifts), Corporate Support (underwriting), and Special Events. Interns will have the unique opportunity to be part of all aspects of a successful fundraising department.
Please note, this position requires some evening and weekend assistance as most special events fall within this time frame.
Title & Type
Development Intern - Unpaid Internship (15+ hours per week, TBD)
WFYI Individual Giving
Donors under $500
- Working to promote and engage donors from matching gift companies with a goal to increase support from the individual and company
- Support the acknowledgement process, including fulfilling premiums and weekly mailing of letters
- Assist with on-air producing of pledge programming and initiatives
- Help manage volunteer callers and program
Major Giving Program
- Support the acknowledgement process
- Review and develop suggestions for website presence for major donors
- Assist in prospect research of donors
- Participate in developing communications with donors
WFYI Corporate Support (Underwriting) Department
- Updating one-sheets for account executives
- Working with CU Marketing Manager to create audience profile or program specific sales sheets
- Managing the online contests
- Observe sales calls and learn about the corporate sponsorship part of development
WFYI Special Events
- Assist with coordination of logistics, promotion, collateral, and communication for development events.
- Represent WFYI at information tables at events where WFYI is a partner.
Day to Day Activities & Administrative Duties
- Organize resources and materials for direct mail
- Filing and data entry
- Customer service
- Other duties as needed
Required: Candidate must be organized, able to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines, take initiative to work independently as well as on a team to complete projects, and have excellent communication and computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
Preferred: Applicants majoring in Marketing, Non-Profit Management, Communications, or Event Management. Familiarity with NPR & PBS or experience working for a non-profit organization a plus.
How to Apply
Send résumé and cover letter to:
Kristy Fozzard - Kfozzard@wfyi.org