Digital Content Intern (Purdue Students)
JOB TITLE: Digital Content Intern (Purdue Students)
CREATED: March 2023
*This intern opportunity is for Purdue University students only*
The digital content intern will learn to create, edit, and distribute compelling content for a variety of digital and broadcast platforms. This position will gain experience in video and audio production, professional editing techniques, and writing for both the big and small screen. As a valued member of our team, the digital content intern will have learning and growth opportunities from each of our content areas, collaborating across departments like radio, television, video, community engagement, and more.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Value, contribute to, and sustain WFYI’s commitment to representing the rich diversity that is our community and amplifying the stories that represent the experiences of all.
- Plan, produce, record, shoot, and edit content that helps increase our audience reach.
- Edit in a variety of formats including digital short-form video, podcasts, vertical videos, teasers, promos and sizzle reels.
- Develop concepts that highlight WFYI’s mission and our local and national programming.
- Utilize existing video and audio assets to execute creative concepts from pre-production to completion.
- Organize and maintain digital archive of audio and video files.
- Spend time in other areas/departments to learn how the organization functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Must be a college junior or senior majoring in video production, digital media, audio production, communications, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging video or audio content for digital platforms, social media, or broadcast.
- Proficient experience using Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere or Audition)
- Professional portfolio or demo reel.
- Experience using Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills both in-person and virtually.
- An aptitude for problem solving and an eagerness to pursue new challenges.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Willingness to jump in on any task when needed.
HOW TO APPLY
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.