Digital News Intern
The Digital News Intern will create digital content and help curate the daily news in support of local journalism and online community engagement. This is an opportunity to sharpen your skills as a journalist while producing material for our website and social media outlets. In addition to the hands-on experience in the digital newsroom, we will provide weekly digital news training sessions.
- Reports to the Web Content Producer
- This position may receive periodic direction from the WFYI News Director
- Monitor wire services, press releases, etc. for material that can be used to create content for the website throughout the day.
- Pitch story ideas and do original reporting.
- Create multimedia and interactive content using video, still photography, Infogram, StoryMap, Timeline, Juxtapose, Soundcite, etc.
- Assist with updates to social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.) throughout the day.
- Attend weekly digital journalism training sessions.
- The Digital News Intern may be asked to assist with events.
- Must be a college junior or senior majoring in journalism, communications or related field.
- Strong grammar skills and knowledge of AP Style.
- Demonstrated ability to create engaging social media posts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail; strong analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work and produce under deadline.
- Strong journalism ethics.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Some experience with HTML, CSS, Java script, etc.
- Photography and photo editing skills.
- Videography and video editing skills.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
TO APPLY: Applications for Fall 2017 will be accepted until April 1, 2017.
Any applications submitted after April 1 will not be considered.
Send cover letter, resume and portfolio electronically to Kristy Fozzard, email@example.com
No phone calls, walk-ins, or hard copy applications accepted