WFYI produces a wide range of unique events around the city to connect public media with the public in thought-provoking experiences. The main focus of this internship will be assisting the Events Manager with logistics in planning and coordinating WFYI’s largest annual fundraising event, Wine Fest, which is March 1, 2019.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with coordination of logistics, promotion, collateral, and communication for development events
- Represent WFYI at information tables at events where WFYI is a partner
- Coordination of vendors
- Assist with ticketing and web presence for events
- Offer hands-on event assistance
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders on ticketing, event marketing, and event production
- Silent Auction coordination and solicitation of items
We are looking for candidates with any combination of the following:
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Problem-solvers with a positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and able to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- A love of public media
Applicants majoring in Marketing, Non-Profit Management, Communications, or Event Management. Familiarity with NPR & PBS or experience working for a non-profit organization a plus.
How to Apply
Please note, this position requires some evening and weekend assistance as most special events fall within this time frame.
Please send resume and cover letter to Taylor at email@example.com by December 4. Interviews will be held the week of December 10th.
Please no phone calls or walk-ins.