Major and Planned Giving Officer
JOB TITLE: Major and Planned Giving Officer
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time; Exempt
SALARY: Commensurate with experience and responsibility, exempt
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Director of Major and Planned Giving and is a member of the major giving team.
WFYI is seeking a Major and Planned Giving Officer to qualify and manage a caseload of donors with capacity to give $1,200+ annually. This position will be responsible for developing and executing strategies for donor identification, qualification, cultivation, and solicitation that will contribute to the more than $1.4 million dollars WFYI receives annually from major donors. The applicant should have an ability to build strong relationships and clearly communicate our organization’s mission. As a nonprofit, we rely on our 27,000 individual donors for more than one-third of our annual operating budget.
This position identifies, cultivates and secures new major, planned, and capital gifts for WFYI. This position also leads the engagement and stewardship of a donor portfolio to increase giving.
- Qualifies a portfolio of 600 donors down to 150 donors.
- Conducts a minimum of 12 donor calls or virtual visits monthly.
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits planned gifts.
- Ensures that donor information is entered into WFYI’s organizational database in a standardized, timely and accurate manner.
- Meets the goals set annually for revenue growth, expectancies secured, and number of visits.
- Develops strategies that contribute to the retention of annual and planned gifts.
- Works well with volunteers, foundation, and board members to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Helps coordinate, communicate and implement major donor and planned giving donor events.
- Ensure that donor and potential donor information is entered into WFYI’s organizational database in a standardized, timely and accurate manner.
- History of successfully securing gifts of $1,200+.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred along with at least 2 years’ experience securing major and/or planned gifts.
- Experience using a donor database and other donor management technology, Salesforce CRM experience preferred.
- Experience qualifying donors through the Moves Management process.
- Experience or knowledge of planned giving vehicles, principles and best practices.
- Candidates should possess excellent oral, written and presentation skills, be computer literate and demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Teams is a plus.
- Position requires that the individual be a self-starter, enjoy a fast-paced, high energy environment and be willing to work varied hours and attend off-site events. Capacity to think strategically, as well as creatively will be advantageous.
- Proven ability to work with internal and external constituencies in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with appropriate discretion.
- High energy and passion for WFYI Public Media mission and core values of operating with unquestionable integrity; collaborating with each other and with community partners; respecting everyone; serving with humility; embracing change; delivering excellence every day. Sense of humor.
HOW TO APPLY
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.