Your Story. Our Platforms.
When you partner with public media, you have a unique chance to connect with audiences that are influential, engaged and essential parts of decision making. Sponsorships with WFYI Public Media offer you the chance to put your organization or business alongside two of America's most trusted media organizations — PBS and NPR — and to stand alongside local news, stories and learning that have served generations of Hoosiers for decades. Each month, 1.6 million Hoosiers engage with WFYI Public Media and our programs.
Connect with engaged and influential audiences.
WFYI's audience includes business leaders, engaged parents, cultural enthusiasts and many other consumers. And those listeners, viewers and readers consider public media sponsors in a different light than organizations who they encounter in traditional advertising. What's more... they know they are connecting with an audience that will help them reach their objectives.
- Public radio listeners are almost twice as likely to work in top management than the average American. (MRI-Simmons Spring 2022 Doublebase)
- Public television viewers are 85% more likely to attend arts galleries and shows. (MRI-Simmons Spring 2022 Doublebase)
NPR listeners are 149% more likely to make financial contributions to arts, cultural and environmental organizations. (MRI-Simmons Spring 2022 Doublebase)
Align with trusted, valued brands.
We're a public media station, with radio, television and digital products. Our audiences find us in a variety of places, which means that you can support our mission on a wide variety of platforms. From digital ads to on-air spots, WFYI sponsors choose to support our programs because they know that public media offers a special and distinct value to them.
- 76% of parents trust sponsors on PBS KIDS more than the advertisers on other children’s networks. (M&RR Research, 2022)
- When compared to the average US adult, public radio listeners are 70% more likely to buy from a public radio sponsor than a commercial advertiser. (NPR Listener Profile, 2021)
68% of PBS viewers say sponsor messages on public TV are different and better than ads on other networks. (M&RR Research, 2022)
How is public media sponsorship different from traditional paid advertising?
Putting your sponsorship message on public media gives you different results than your average media buy. Public media audiences rely on our trusted, valued content that has minimal interruption, so your message can be clutter- and commercial-free.
WFYI delivers trusted and valued content to all communities in Central Indiana: from Marion to Monroe County, from Peru to Carmel, Greenwood, Southport, Franklin, Muncie, Anderson and beyond.
Pick the platforms that match your needs.
Use a multi-platform strategy to extend audience reach and reinforce message frequency:
- WFYI 90.1 FM Public Radio
- WFYI Public Television – Three channels: PBS, Create and PBS Kids
- Digital: wfyi.org, WFYI weekly and monthly email products, FM Streaming, podcasts and on-demand
WFYI in-person events
More Ways to Support WFYI Public Media