What is WFYI Passport? It’s one of the greatest benefits of being a WFYI donor. It’s where you will find an extensive online library of PBS and WFYI programs that you can enjoy anytime, anywhere with a contribution of at least $5/month.
When you log in to Passport, you can watch current and past episodes of Victoria, Poldark, The Great British Baking Show, FRONTLINE, NOVA, Nature, Indiana Week In Review, Attucks: The School That Opened A City and hundreds of other programs. View whatever you want, whenever you want – right from your smartphone, laptop, tablet or TV.
Ready to start streaming?
ACTIVATING WFYI PASSPORT
For first-time donors:
For donors unsure of Passport account status:
For donors with activated Passport accounts:
After confirmation of your membership, you will be asked to sign in to WFYI Passport with a Google account, Facebook account, or a PBS account. Once inside the library, look for the blue compass next to WFYI Passport videos.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is WFYI Passport? WFYI Passport is a member benefit which provides WFYI donors extended on-demand access to a rich library of quality public television programming.
- What can people find on WFYI Passport? WFYI Passport includes hundreds of hours of shows, including drama, science, history, natural history and the arts. New episodes and series make their way to the WFYI Passport library each week.
- How can viewers find content that’s available on WFYI Passport? WFYI donors must first activate their account for access (see above). Once you're in the library, look for videos with the compass icon . Those videos are only available to users who are registered for WFYI Passport.
- Who qualifies for WFYI Passport? WFYI Passport is a member benefit for WFYI donors with a contribution of at least $5/month (or $60/year). It cannot be purchased separately.
- Is WFYI Passport a service or subscription that people can purchase? No. It is not a subscription service and cannot be purchased separately.
- Does WFYI Passport mean there will be no more free streaming on PBS.org or on WFYI.org? PBS and WFYI content will continue to be available for free at pbs.org, wfyi.org and other digital platforms. Certain content, including news and public affairs programs such as Frontline, PBS NewsHour, Independent Lens and POV, will always be accessible to everyone.
- Does requiring membership to access this content go against the concept of “public media?” WFYI and PBS are committed to providing free streaming of local and national content across multiple platforms after a program airs. WFYI Passport goes one step further by offering extended access to a rich library of content for station donors. Certain content, including news and public affairs programs such as Frontline, PBS NewsHour, Independent Lens and POV, will always be accessible to everyone.
- Will PBS KIDS content be available via WFYI Passport? All PBS KIDS programming is available at pbskids.org.
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT?
Do you have questions related to your WFYI Member account, or other questions related to WFYI Passport? Contact WFYI Member Services at (317) 715-2009, or online here.