The Indianapolis Motor Speedway announced Thursday the 2019 Corvette ZR1 will be the official Pace Car for this year's Indianapolis 500.
It will be the 15th time a Corvette has paced the race – more than any other vehicle – but this year’s edition takes the legendary American supercar to another level. The 2019 ZR1 can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 2.85 seconds and reach a top track speed of 212 mph, making it the fastest Corvette ever made.
The 2019 Corvette ZR1 Pace Car features:
- LT5 small block 6.2L supercharged V-8 engine, with 755-hp and 715 lb.-ft. of torque
- 8-speed 8L90 paddle-shift automatic transmission
- ZTK Performance Package, which features a stanchion-mounted adjustable carbon-fiber high rear wing, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires and performance suspension
- Magnetic Selective Ride Control
- Brembo Carbon Ceramic brake system
- ZR1 chrome-aluminum wheels: 19-inch front and 20-inch rear
- Standard Performance Traction Management and Electronic Limited-Slip Differential
- Unique Indy 500 graphics package
- GM Design fully-integrated safety strobe system
- Performance Data and Video Recorder