The Indianapolis Department of Public Works and Indy Parks are teaming up to help recycle live Christmas trees for Marion County residents.
Starting Tuesday, Dec. 26 and running through Wednesday, Jan. 31, trees without decorations can be dropped off at the following Indy Parks locations. Trees must be free of tinsel, lights, tree stands and all other decorative materials in order to recycle them properly. Trees can be dropped off from dawn to dusk.
Drop-off locations for 2017-18 Christmas tree recycling are as follows:
- Broad Ripple Park (1610 Broad Ripple Ave.) south lot
- Ellenberger Park (5301 E. St. Clair St.) east of pool in main parking lot
- Garfield Park (2432 Conservatory Drive) MacAllister Center
- Gustafson Park (3110 Moller Road) near the front entrance
- Krannert Park (605 S. High School Road) north parking lot
- Northwestway Park (5253 W. 62nd St.) near the recycling bins
- Perry Park (451 E. Stop 11 Road) soccer field parking lot
- Riverside Park (2420 E. Riverside Drive) tennis court parking lot
- Sahm Park (6801 E. 91st St.) soccer field parking lot
Indy Parks and DPW say the tree recycling program diverts waste from landfills and the waste-to-energy facility. The trees will be used for sustainable landscaping resources, such as mulch and soil blends.