The Indiana High School Athletic Association has cancelled the boys basketball state tournament.
The annuncement came Thursday, following and order by Gov. Eric Holcomb that all Indiana schools remain closed until at least May 1.
Last week, the IHSAA said remaining games of the state tournament would be postponed beginning with the regional games due to the growing number of school closures. But there was hope the tournament games would resume.
"While the association maintained every hope of continuance, it is now evident those hopes are now unreachable,” IHSAA Commissioner Bobby Cox said in a statement.
The IHSAA says any updates on the status of IHSAA-sponsored spring sports will be announced at a later time.