INDIANAPOLIS – Miss Vanderburgh County, Tate Fritchley was crowned the 58th Indiana State Fair Queen over the weekend.
Miss Indiana State Fair 2016 was selected over 86 other contestants after three days of judging. As the Queen, Fritchley will help promote the Indiana State Fair by traveling nearly 6,500 miles during June and July to approximately 45 counties in preparation for the Indiana State Fair Celebrating Indiana’s Bicentennial, August 5-21, 2016.
The 10 finalist include:
- 1st Runner Up - Miss Whitley County, Alivia Roberts
- 2nd Runner Up - Miss Boone County, Shelby Lamb
- 3rd Runner Up - Miss Putnam County, Kristen Stevens
- 4th Runner Up - Miss Madison County, Courtney Hinton
- Miss Fountain County, Tilly Marlatt
- Miss Steuben County, Daisy Dallas
- Miss Adams County, Jessica Ripley
- Miss Johnson County, Samantha Morris
- Miss Allen County, Erica Hoot
- Miss Congeniality - Miss Wells County, Emily Bertsch
Fritchley, is a senior at Evansville North High School and a 10-year 4-H member of the Horse and Pony Club. She plans to study Physical Therapy at the University of Evansville this fall. Fritchley is the second representative of Vanderburgh County to be selected Indiana State Fair Queen, preceded by Karen Koester in 1974.