Indianapolis will become the first cold-weather city to host the College Football Playoff national championship game in 2022.
The 2022 Indy College Football Playoff host committee announced its full slate of officers and board members Wednesday. The board will oversee and advise the host committee, which is planning the event.
Some members of the Indianapolis host committee will spend this weekend in New Orleans, the site of this year's game to research and observe the event.
Indy also is scheduled to host the NBA All-Star Game, the men's Final Four and the Big Ten football championship game in 2021. The Big Ten game will come just a month before the national championship game.
The Indy College Football Playoff executive committee and board of directors includes:
- President - Susan Baughman, president - 2022 Indy College Football Playoff, Inc.
- Chair - J. Mark Howell, President and CEO - Conexus of Indiana
- Vice Chair - Jeffrey A. Harrison, president and CEO - Citizens Energy Group
- Secretary - Joe Loftus, partner - Barnes & Thornburg
- Treasurer - John Federici, Audit Partner - Ernst & Young LLP
- At-Large - Michael Browning, principal and chairman of the board emeritus - Browning Investments
- Mary Boelke, Indianapolis managing partner - Deloitte
- Bill Brooks, Bill Brooks Consulting
- Murray Clark, partner - Faegre Baker Daniels
- Andy Conner, executive director - J.P. Morgan Private Bank
- Claire Fiddian-Green, president and CEO - Richard M. Fairbanks Foundation, Inc.
- Scott Kraege, partner - Forty5 LLC
- Carolene Mays-Medley, executive director - White River State Park Development Commission
- Becca Polak, CEO - BP Consulting
Board of Directors
- Mike Bobinski, vice president and director of intercollegiate athletics - Purdue University
- Barry Collier, vice president and director of athletics - Butler University
- Joni Comstock, senior vice president of championships & alliances - NCAA
- Thomas Cook, chief of staff - Office of the Mayor, City of Indianapolis
- David Corbitt, partner - Krieg DeVault, LLP
- Bobby Cox, Commissioner - Indiana High School Athletic Association
- Dennis Dye, executive vice president - Shiel Sexton
- Fred Glass, vice president and director of athletics - Indiana University
- Scott Hallenback, CEO and executive director - USA Football
- Leonard Hoops, president and CEO - Visit Indy
- Cris Johnston, director, Office of Management and Budget - State of Indiana, Office of Gov. Holcomb
- David P. Lewis, managing director - PwC WNTS Tax Policy Services (Washington, DC) and president - Indy Championships Fund
- Danny Lopez, chief of staff and senior vice president - Strada Education Network
- Teresa Lubbers, commissioner - Indiana Commission for Higher Education
- Tony Mason, president and CEO - Indianapolis Urban League
- Allison Melangton, senior vice president of events - Penske Entertainment
- Gregory Porter, senior vice president external affairs - Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County and State Rep. - State of Indiana
- Sherry Seiwert, president - Downtown Indy, Inc.
- Ron Stiver, president, System Clinical Services - IU Health
- Stephen Starks, vice president, promoter & media partner relations - INDYCAR
- Marsha Stone, senior director of commercial enterprise - Indianapolis Airport Authority
- Ryan Vaughn, president - Indiana Sports Corp
- Pete Ward, chief operating officer - Indianapolis Colts