The Indiana Department of Transportation is asking motorists to plan ahead for the Thanksgiving holiday as routes may be altered by the North Split Interchange closure and other Indianapolis construction.
Saint Clair Street reopened for holiday travel Wednesday afternoon. It will close again from Nov. 29 to Dec. 10 for pile driving operations. The detour for this closure follows 10th Street, and the south sidewalk will remain open to pedestrians.
Market Street will be closed through Dec. 15 for structure demolition. The detour for vehicles, bicyclists and pedestrians follows Washington Street.
The I-65/I-70 collector/distributor ramp to Ohio Street is closed as well.
INDOT says the current eastbound Ohio Street closure at College Avenue is now scheduled to reopen on or after Dec. 3. All eastbound Ohio Street traffic will be redirected to New York Street via College Avenue during the closure.
Access to downtown Indianapolis will be maintained via:
- I-70 westbound exit ramp to Michigan Street
- Pine Street entrance ramp to I-70 eastbound from New York Street and Michigan Street
- I-65 northbound/I-70 eastbound exit ramp to Washington Street
- I-65 northbound and southbound to Martin Luther King. Jr./West Street
- I-65 southbound to Meridian Street
- I-65 northbound to Meridian and Pennsylvania Streets
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
Project information can be found at northsplit.com.