After two years of virtual events, thousands of people return to the streets of downtown Indianapolis Saturday for the 46th OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon.
500 Festival spokesperson Lindsay Labas said the more than 20,000 participants will enjoy the same beloved traditions.
“Really enjoying the course entertainment along the route. There will be 50 different entertainers that people can stop and listen to. There’s always kissing the yard of bricks when you hit the Indianapolis Motor Speedway right round that six-mile mark,” Labas said.
The schedule will be as follows:
- 7 a.m.- 5K Start
- 7:30 a.m.- Athletes with Disabilities Start
- 7:35 a.m.- USATF National Half Marathon Road Championships
- 7:40 a.m.- Mini-Marathon, Wave 1 Start
- 7:50 a.m.- Mini-Marathon, Wave 2 Start
- 8:00 a.m.- Mini-Marathon, Wave 3 Start
- 8:10 a.m.- Mini-Marathon, Wave 4 Start
- 8:20 a.m.- Mini-Marathon, Wave 5 Start
- 7 a.m. - 2 p.m. Post Race Party in Military Park. This portion of the event is free and open to the public.
The starting line will be on Washington Street on the north side of the JW Marriot, near the intersection of West and Washington streets.
There will be street closures surrounding the racecourse. They can be found at indymini.com