Indianapolis Public Schools has partnered with Gleaners Food Bank to provide food for all IPS students and families during the COVID-19 pandemic.
IPS buses will pick up and deliver Gleaners’ meal packages to 25 locations throughout the city. Distribution will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Mondays and Fridays, beginning Friday, March 20. Families will receive one 17-pound box of food, which includes a variety of non-perishable meal-making items to supplement their daily nutrition. Identification is not needed.
The IPS Service Center is available to answer questions, call (317) 226-4000.
- Anna Brochhausen School 88, 5801 E. 16th St.
- Arlington Middle School, 4825 N. Arlington Ave.
- Francis Bellamy School 102, 9501 E. 36th Place
- Clarence Farrington School 61, 4326 Patricia St.
- Daniel Webster School 46, 1450 S. Reisner St.
- Ellenberger Park, 5301 E. St Clair St.
- George W. Julian School 57, 5435 E. Washington St.
- John Marshall Middle School, 10101 E. 38th St.
- Jonathan Jennings School 109, 6150 Gateway Drive
- Henry W. Longfellow Medical/STEM School 28, 510 Laurel St.
- Stephen Foster School 67, 653 N. Somerset Ave.
- Tindley Summit Academy (formerly T.C. Steele School 98), 3698 Dubarry Road
- Center for Inquiry School 2, 725 N. New Jersey St.
- Center for Inquiry School 84, 440 E. 57th S.
- Cold Spring School, 3650 Cold Spring Road
- Crispus Attucks High School, 1140 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St.
- Ernie Pyle School 90, 3351 W. 18th St.
- Francis W. Parker School 56, 2353 N. Columbia Ave.
- IPS | Butler University Laboratory School 55, 1349 E. 54th St.
- James A. Garfield School 31, 307 Lincoln St.
- Rousseau McClellan School 91, 5111 Evanston Ave.
- Shortridge High School, 3401 N. Meridian St.
- Susan Roll Leach School 68, 2107 N. Riley Ave.
- Edison School of the Arts 47, 777 South White River Pkwy West Drive
In addition to the partnership between IPS and Gleaners, the IPS says its food service team will continue to distribute pre-packaged meals through the district’s Spring Break, March 23-April 3 from 14 IPS schools and two apartment complexes. IPS says will keep families informed as details are confirmed about the extended meal distribution plans per the recent state-mandated school closure through May 1.