Because Of COVID-19...
“Because of COVID-19…” a wide range of public health disparities have already or will become magnified, disproportionately affecting communities with the least access to resources and support: African Americans and Latinos. This series of Facebook Live panels will seek to engage these very same communities in conversations and point participants to resources and solutions.You can watch them across our digital channels, as well as being shared here at wfyi.org.
Panelists will explore these issues:
• August 20 – Loss of insurance due to joblessness
• September 24 at 12 Noon – The health implications of homelessness (as eviction rates rise)
• October 15 at 7 pm – Going to the polls on election day – precautions at the polls/absentee voting
• November 19 at 7 pm – Election results/implications for COVID-19 measures, policy
• December 10 at 7 pm – Medical debt, how to tackle
• Possibly in the New Year: Opioid crisis exacerbated; dwindling resources due to funding cuts