October 9, 2018

Indianapolis Archdiocese Says Charge Against Priest Credible

Father Patrick Doyle, 68, was suspended from public ministry last month when the allegation against him was made to a victim assistance coordinator.

Father Patrick Doyle, 68, was suspended from public ministry last month when the allegation against him was made to a victim assistance coordinator.

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Catholic Archdiocese of Indianapolis says a sexual misconduct allegation against a priest has been found "credible."

Archdiocesan spokesman Greg Otolski said Monday the archdiocesan Review Board "has found an allegation of sexual misconduct by Father Patrick Doyle credible. Father Doyle has resigned as pastor of Nativity Parish in Indianapolis. He remains removed from ministry."

Otolski says the allegation from decades ago involved an 18-year-old female "who was an adolescent when at least the emotional aspects of the relationship began."

The 68-year-old Doyle was suspended from public ministry last month when the allegation against Doyle was made to a victim assistance coordinator. The archdiocese said then it had alerted civil authorities about the accusation.

Doyle doesn't have a published phone number and he could not be reached for comment.

Support independent journalism today. You rely on WFYI to stay informed, and we depend on you to make our work possible. Donate to power our nonprofit reporting today. Give now.

 

Related News

City-County Council members considers ways to increase urban forests
City's animal shelter faces critical level of being understaffed and overcrowded
Latest round of violence prevention grants aims to help youth