Throughout public media history, women’s voices, perspectives and ideas have helped to create the NPR, PBS and WFYI programs we know today.
At WFYI this March, we are celebrating not just the many women featured on our airwaves, such as Twyla Tharp, Christiane Amanpour and Dionne Warwick, but also all the women whose talents shaped the public media landscape we have today and the one that is evolving for tomorrow.
Our March Insiders magazine cover features a wide range of talent, from past luminaries to today’s stars. Our cover features:
- Top row: American Masters subject Flannery O’Connor, Joy Buolamwini from the Coded Bias documentary, and Sonia Manzano (Sesame Street’s Maria)
- Second row: 1A host Jenn White, WFYI’s “founding mother” Ardath Burkhart, Tina Turner (check out her special this month), American Masters subject Twyla Tharp
- Third Row: PBS NewsHour’s Amna Nawaz, NPR journalist Ailsa Chang
- Fourth Row: NPR “founding mother” Cokie Roberts, PBS NewsHour’s Judy Woodruff and Gwen Ifill, Millie Davis (Odd Squad’s Miss O), PBS food stars Vivian Howard and Pati Jinich
- Fifth Row: PBS NewsHour’s Yamiche Alcindor, Lucy Worsley, Dionne Warwick (featured in a March music special), Throughline host Rund Abdelfatah
Learn more about this month’s women focused specials, including tune-in and on-demand access throughout March.