INDIANAPOLIS – WFYI Public Media has added a dozen new board members – eight to the Metropolitan Indianapolis Public Media (MIPM) Board of Directors and four to the WFYI Foundation Board. All will contribute to WFYI’s mission to empower, entertain and connect our community through thoughtful journalism, inspiring stories and lifelong learning. The WFYI Foundation Board is specifically responsible for growing and operating the organization’s endowment fund.
The eight MIPM Board members include:
• Simon Atkinson – Vice Chancellor for Research, Biology Chancellor’s Professor, IUPUI
• Irena Goloschokin – CEO, Copper Mountain Technologies, LLC
• Beth Haney – Vice President and Ast. Chief Risk Officer, One America Financial Partners
• Erik Helding – Chief Financial Officer, CNO Financial Group
• Fred Nation – Civic Leader, Terre Haute, Ind.
• Judy Okenfuss – Managing Partner, Ice Miller
• Howard Schrott – Schrott Consulting
• Aaron Williams – Head of Field Marketing and Analyst Relations, Topcoder (a Wipro Company)
The four new WFYI Foundation Board members include:
• Dan Appel – CEO & Chairman, Gregory & Appel Insurance
• Arlene Glick Grande – Glick Family Foundation
• Susanne McAlister – Civic Leader
• Mandy Moore – Principal, VMS BioMarketing
All new members will serve three-year terms.
About WFYI Public Media
As a PBS and NPR member station that also produces local and original content, WFYI Public Media serves the public through six 24/7 digital broadcast services. WFYI Public Radio operates on two distinct stations – 90.1 FM and 90.1 HD2 The Point, while WFYI Public Television operates three DTV services (20.1, 20.2 and 20.3). Through intentional community engagement, WFYI has a strong education component, particularly as a hub for the public media initiative American Graduate: Let’s Make It Happen, and an ongoing public presence as an organization that amplifies the voices of our community. Additionally, WFYI runs the Indiana Reading and Information Service (IRIS), a reading service for visually - and literacy-impaired people. Learn more at www.wfyi.org.