The Indianapolis Department of Public Works is teaming up with Indy Parks to offer residents several drop-off sites throughout the city to dispose of their live Christmas trees this season.
Between Dec. 26 and Jan. 31, trees can be dropped off, from dawn to dusk, at the following Indy Parks locations.
- Broad Ripple Park (1610 Broad Ripple Ave.) south lot
- Ellenberger Park (5301 E. St. Clair St.) west of pool in main parking lot
- Garfield Park (2432 Conservatory Drive) MacAllister Center
- Gustafson Park (3110 Moller Road) near the front entrance
- Krannert Park (605 S. High School Road) north parking lot
- Northwestway Park (5253 W. 62nd St.) near the recycling bins
- Perry Park (451 E. Stop 11 Road) soccer field parking lot
- Riverside Park (2420 E. Riverside Drive) tennis court parking lot
- Sahm Park (6801 E. 91st St.) soccer field parking lot
All ornaments, tinsel, lights, tree stands and other non-organic decorative materials must be removed from trees before dropping off. The trees will be recycled for sustainable landscaping resources, such as mulch and soil blends.
The Christmas tree disposal is for residents only and not for commercial use.
These locations are for disposing of trees only. Residents with other materials to discard should use one of the options listed below.
The Southside Landfill, 2561 Kentucky Ave.
Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. – 12 a.m., Saturday 5 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Open during the holidays for the exception of Christmas and New Year’s Day
Citizens Transfer Station, 2324 S Belmont Ave.
Saturdays from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. except Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
Reopens on Saturday, January 7, 2017