SOLD OUT: Spirited Chase 2015
***EVENT IS SOLD OUT***
Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. at WFYI
Event will conclude at approximately 2:00 p.m.
Questions? (317) 614-0403
THIS YEAR'S SPIRITED CHASE IS SOLD OUT.
PLEASE CHECK BACK IN SEPT 2016 FOR INFORMATION ABOUT NEXT YEAR'S EVENT.
We are looking forward to seeing 150 Spirited Chase participants on Saturday, November 14th for this year's SOLD OUT Spirited Chase, "Building Brighter Futures!"
Please keep the following information in mind:
- SOLD OUT: We are SOLD OUT! As such, we cannot accept any new or additional participants for this year's event.
- CHECK-IN: Onsite check-in begins promptly at 8:30 a.m., at WFYI, 1630 N. Meridian Street. Spirited Chase programming begins promptly at 9:00 a.m. The day's activities will conclude around 2:00 p.m.
- PARKING: Park in WFYI's Guest Lot, located on Pierson Street (Sesame Street). This may be accessed via 16th of 18th and is directly behind WFYI. We expect that there will be enough parking to accomodate participants. In the event that the WFYI parking lot is full, you may park either 1.) in in the South East corner of the Chase Bank parking lot (the corner nearest the 16th and Meridian intersection) OR 2.) Across Illinois St. from the WFYI parking lot in the Eskenazi Health lot.
- FOOD: In the morning, light breakfast refreshments will be provided, along with a bottle of water and a packaged snack. A boxed lunch and bottle of water will be provided at 12:00 pm. We will work to accomodate dietary needs that we indicated in your registration. Please come prepared in the event that we are unable to meet your dietart request.
- BRING CASH: During one of our stops, you will have the opportunity to purchase a special "Spirited Chase" treat for $3. If this teaser has you "dreaming" of what sweet treat might await you, please come prepared with $1 bills. This purcahse will be a cash-only transaction, and exact change will help expedite the process and ensure that you get to your next location on time.
- CYCLING: This year's Spirited Chase route is NOT conducive to cycling.
- CLOTHING: Wear comfortable shoes and clothes. We may be spending time outdoors. Dress accordingly and plan for weather.
- ADA COMPLIANCE: Not all locations are ADA compliant. WFYI staff and volunteeers will do their best to assist those with disabilites, however, not all venue areas may be accsesible.
- LATE ARRIVALS: If you have someone joining your party late, invite them to contact you via cell phon to connect with your destination.
- DONATION: If you are able, we encourage you to bring along a new or gently used children's book. These items will be donated to a local school to inspire students to DREAM through reading. Bring these donations with you to WFYI in the morning.
Have questions? Contact Carly Weidman, email@example.com, OR (317) 614-0403
ABOUT THE EVENT
“Building Brighter Futures”
Video from the 2014 Spirited Chase event.
WFYI invites you to DREAM with us about “Building Brighter Futures” as you join us on a journey around Indianapolis during the 7th Annual Spirited Chase on Saturday, November 14th. Part of the 2015 Spirit and Place Festival, this interactive on-the-go program offers you the chance to visit five secret locations in search of understanding the various ways in which members of our community are living their dreams.
During your "chase," you will be given an envelope at each destination with information about your next location. The envelope includes precise directions for driving and parking. The five community partner venues are unique and each will offer its own creative and engaging brand of "dream”. Come prepared to be a little daring and to maybe get a bit dirty. (Outdoor and hands-on activities are a definite possibility!) You will have the chance for photos along the way, a lunch stop, and a time for reflection and feedback at the end of the day. (Please note: WFYI will try to accommodate dietary requests and participants with needs that cannot be met will be notified prior to the event.)
So get ready to DREAM with us as you join us on a day-long adventure around Indianapolis!
- Do I need to participate in the whole event?
- No, but we hope you do! There will be 5 locations.
- Are children welcome?
- Yes, but the event is best suited for children 14 years of age or older.
- Can I change team members?
- Yes, but we need to have final confirmation of team members before November 12.
- What constitutes one-car-load?
- Car loads are limited to 8 persons per vehicle.
- Are the sites accessible?
- Most locations are ADA compliant. WFYI staff and volunteers will do their best to assist those with disabilities, however.
- Will there be rest facilities along the way?
- Yes, the venues will have facilities available.
- Should I bring water or snacks?
- Please do! We will provide light breakfast, snacks, and lunch.
- Is this rain or shine?
- Yes! Dress for mess! Rain or shine, hot or cold, messy or clean ... we're taking you there! (Tennis shoes really are a must and skirts/dresses are not recommended. Check the morning forecast and bring an umbrella, if needed.)
- Will I need any extra money?
- Perhaps, but that's because you might wish to purchase an item from a location.
- Will you tell me where I'm going?
- Yes, indeed, but only by printed instructions at the previous stop. No information about destinations will be revealed in advance.
PLEASE also check your email on the morning of November 14 in case of any last minute changes.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY